Best Cyclocross Bike Under 500
[Review and Buying Guide 2019]
Cycling is a fun activity that you enjoy for various reasons.
One, you can cycle as a recreational activity with your family or friends.
You can cycle as a way of losing weight and as a sport.
Note that for you to enjoy the event, you need to have a good and reliable bike.
One of the most recommended bike to use best Cyclocross Bike under 500 dollars.
Top 5 Selection of Cyclocross Bikes Comparison Chart
Takara Genkai Cyclocross Bike [Our Top Pick]
#1. Takara Genkai Cyclocross Bike
- The larger rims, look good and work great with control and turns.
- A larger wheel makes it easier to ride over larger rocks and uneven terrain.
- It allows for a more comfortable ride because the wheelbase is bigger in size
- The wheelbase allows the riders to ride at faster speeds
- The larger wheels make the bike easier to maneuver on different types of roads and trails
- The frame is durable and can hold up to any type of riding.
- The frame is made of chrome and will last for a long time without corrosion
- It won’t dent or break easily and can handle the beating of terrain while on the ride
- The bike is not difficult to put together, which makes getting it ready to ride less stressful
- It takes the average rider about 20 minutes to assemble.
- All parts are included and are very easy to assemble
- Top Bar
- The top bar makes it easier to not slip off the bike seat.
- The bar is flat across for better protection
#2. GMC Denali Road Bike
- The GMC Denali Road Bike has a light frame that makes the bike easy to carry or push
- The frame is made of aluminum material and will not rust if left out in the rain
- It comes in a variety of colors which is a great choice for any rider to have when choosing a bike to purchase
- The design of the bike makes it more comfortable to ride.
- The construction of the design increases speed for the rider to travel faster
- The handlebars have a maes bend which offers a better grip
- This feature helps the hands to stay on the handlebars and not slip off
- This bike is constructed for a variety of riding options
- All the parts work excellent and are simple to figure out
- It can handle the weight without bending the frame
- The frame can handle an impact without causing an issue its performance
- Riding Ability
- The GMC Denali Road Bike can handle any type of road or trail with ease
- It is easy to steer and maneuverer, which is a nice feature to have when riding
- The big tires allow the bike to ride smoother through rocky surface
- It doesn't put strain on the body during long trips
#3. Vilano Aluminum Road Bike 21 Speed Shimano
- The Vilano Aluminum Road Bike 21 Speed Shimano is a lightweight bike and is easy to carry or load on a bike rack.
- An advantage of the bike being lightweight is that it can go faster than a regular off road bike
- This bike has little problems riding uphill climbs because it is lightweight
- The bike does not take a lot of work to put it together or assemble.
- All the pieces come with it and there is nothing extra to purchase
- This makes it nice for people who want to start riding right away
- The bike can take around 20 minutes for assembly
- The wheels are bigger than a regular bike which makes it easier to ride on different terrain
- A bike like this with bigger wheels allows for it to go faster
- This bike has a Drivetrain, that is easy to find and is accessible
- The Drivetrain is assisted by a gear system that is able to be adjusted
- It has 21 gears to drive to choose from on this bike
- Having a variety of gears to ride in can give the ability to adjust speed
- The bike comes with a rim brake which makes the bike stop suddenly
- The rim brake is safe to use and won’t throw the driver over the handle bars
- The stopping is smooth and not bumpy like some breaks often are
#4. Giordano Libero 1.6 Men's Road Bike-700c
- The Giordano Libero 1.6 Men’s Road Bike-700c is a light bike. The bike is easy to carry or transport because it is very lightweight.
- A lightweight bike allows riders to climb up hills better because the bike is not heavy
- This bike takes a little time to put together and assemble
- A fast assembly allows the rider to put the bike together and go riding soon after.
- There were no extra tools to buy or parts that needed to be purchased.
- The bike frame is made of aluminum material and will not rust in wet elements
- This bike has a sturdy frame which holds up during miles of riding
- It is solid and can handle a lot of weight without bending or crack
- Riding Ability
- The ride is not as difficult on hard terrain roads because of the frame and the wheels
- The ride is smoother than regular bikes because of the bigger wheels and better steering.
- It is able to ride through bigger rocky paths and gravel without having any problems
- It offers riders a sense of control during high speeds
- This type of bike is simpler to steer on rocky terrain
- The steering allows the bike to be easily maneuvered around objects
#5. Vilano Shadow Road Bike - Shimano STI Integrated Shifters
- Braking and Shifting
- The brakes are designed to stop abruptly without dragging
- The brakes are safe to use and have no issues stopping suddenly
- The shifting works great and is easy to perform with the variety of gears to choose from
- The shifter does not stick or delay when changing gears
- The frame is constructed out of aluminum material which does not rust in moisture
- It is very durable and safe for long journeys of riding
- It will hold up for years without breaking or cracking because of the frame construction
- This bike can take the roughness of the outdoors without fall apart easily
- The bike does not weigh very much and is easy to maneuver up hill
- Putting it up on top of a bike rack or into a truck bed is very simple to do
- Riding a lighter bike allows the rider to gain more speed when riding
- Riding Capabilities
- The bike takes less effort to ride and stays on the trails without going off the road
- It is easy to stop and shift while riding and the gears shift smoothly
- The riding capability is wonderful because it can be taken on longer rides without any problems occurring
- The style of the bike is designed for a comfortable ride
- The handle bar style makes it easier to steer and grab the front brakes
- The big wheel style is very beneficial for this bike because it allows for more stability
What are cyclocross bikes ?
The bikes are designed in a way that is almost looks and feels like the competing bikes, but it differs a little bit.
The bikes come with different features that suit different customers needs and preferences.
Before you head to the shop to buy a bike of your choice, here are some tips to guide you in selecting the best cyclocross bike.
Buying guide for the best cyclocross bike under 500
Note that cross bikes can be used for racing as well and in such a case you will need a bicycle made of durable materials. The bike should be rust resistant such that even when you ride it on rainy seasons, it will not rust or get damaged. The best stuff to purchase is coated stainless steel.
All the cyclocross bikes are made of dual disc brakes that are fixed on both sides of the wheels for safety. So, ensure the brakes are tight and strong enough such that you can quickly stop or control the speed of the bike if need be. Test the reliability of the brakes while at the shop or if you buy online, make sure you take it to a mechanic for a checkup.
You need a bike that you can comfortably ride on different surfaces hence the need to buy a bicycle with secure and reliable tires. Majority of the tires fixed on the cross bikes are similar to the ones on the mountain bikes. Also, the tires are made of sturdy, deep rim to allow easy maneuvering on various surfaces. Therefore make sure the bike you choose has these features.
Comfort is the primary factor to focus on when selecting the bike. The cyclocross bikes are made of different sizes to fit different customers. Some may be designed with an adjustable seat too. Choose a bike that will allow you o ride comfortably without straining your back or the hands. You can try out if the bike is the right size while still at the shop.
One benefit of owning the cyclocross bikes is that building a budget cyclocross bike is very simple and easy. Most parts are usually assembled for you, and the rest would only take you less than an hour to fix. If you have no experience on how to install the parts, seek help from a technician.
You don't have to spend thousands of money in purchasing a cyclocross bike as the above cyclocross bikes reviews cover the best and most affordable bikes to buy.
Note that each bike has unique features and therefore make sure you check the features
before you buy the bike. Buy from a reliable dealer and ensure you are provided with a guarantee such that you can return the bike in case you find it has defects.