Best Cyclocross Bike Under 1500 Dollars [Review and Buying Guide 2018]
I know that trying to find the best Cyclocross Bike under $1500 can be time-consuming. It is important to research the bikes before making a final purchase.
When I ride, I want to make sure the bike is going to be durable. It should fit the standards that are needed. A bike should have good breaks and be comfortable for long journeys.
Introduction Best Cyclocross Bikes For Under 1500
A Cyclocross Bike is sturdier and tougher than a regular road bicycle. It is equipped to ride faster than a mountain bicycle. I know from experience that riding a Cyclocross Bike is an enjoyable experience.
This type of bike can be ridden, on any type of terrain. It goes well on dirt roads, paved, roads, and gravel. There will be less chance of getting stuck in uneven terrain, and losing balance. The bike handles well on different roads.
It can be used to ride anywhere for a distant commute. The Cyclocross has a longer wheelbase which is better for a sturdier ride. The extended wheelbase allows the bike to be controlled easier.
My Top 5 Selection of Cyclocross Bikes
I have spent countless hours to research and analyze top rated cyclocrossd Bikes, and finally built a list of bikes that you check. I’m going to review these best of the best bikes. I know you will enjoy!
7.87 x 27.95 x 51.57 inches
8 x 29 x 52 inches
Raleigh Bikes RXM Cyclocross Bike
Product Review Takara Genkai Cyclocross Bike
- The larger rims, look good and work great with control and turns.
- A larger wheel makes it easier to ride over larger rocks and uneven terrain.
- It allows for a more comfortable ride because the wheelbase is bigger in size
- The wheelbase allows the riders to ride at faster speeds
- The larger wheels make the bike easier to maneuver on different types of roads and trails
- The frame is durable and can hold up to any type of riding.
- The frame is made of chrome and will last for a long time without corrosion
- It won’t dent or break easily and can handle the beating of terrain while on the ride
- The bike is not difficult to put together, which makes getting it ready to ride less stressful
- It takes the average rider about 20 minutes to assemble.
- All parts are included and are very easy to assemble
- Top Bar
- The top bar makes it easier to not slip off the bike seat.
- The bar is flat across for better protection
- The bike does not take long to assemble
- This bike has the ability for a faster ride
- The big tires are able to climb tough terrain
- Sturdy and solid frame that will last for many miles of riding
- The bike works well when road on trails and paved roads
- The chrome frame shines, and looks nice when riding it
- The disc brakes are included with the bike and work well when stopping
- This bike comes with manufactured slick tires which make it easier to slide
- This type of bike is heavier than the average Cyclocross bike
- The breaks will need to be adjusted before riding for the first time
Product Review GMC Denali Road Bike
- The GMC Denali Road Bike has a light frame that makes the bike easy to carry or push
- The frame is made of aluminum material and will not rust if left out in the rain
- It comes in a variety of colors which is a great choice for any rider to have when choosing a bike to purchase
- The design of the bike makes it more comfortable to ride.
- The construction of the design increases speed for the rider to travel faster
- The handlebars have a maes bend which offers a better grip
- This feature helps the hands to stay on the handlebars and not slip off
- This bike is constructed for a variety of riding options
- All the parts work excellent and are simple to figure out
- It can handle the weight without bending the frame
- The frame can handle an impact without causing an issue its performance
- Riding Ability
- The GMC Denali Road Bike can handle any type of road or trail with ease
- It is easy to steer and maneuverer, which is a nice feature to have when riding
- The big tires allow the bike to ride smoother through rocky surface
- It doesn't put strain on the body during long trips
- The price is reasonable and the bike is well worth it
- It goes fast and smooth without any issues while riding
- It is easy to put together with and only has few parts to assemble
- The bike rides great on long bike rides
- This is an excellent bike for racing, touring, and commuting
- The bike performed remarkable while riding in competitions
- It comes with a water bottle holder that hold it in place while riding
- Need to pull harder on brake for an adequate stop time
- Kickstand had some issues and cracked
Product Review Vilano Aluminum Road Bike 21 Speed Shimano
- The Vilano Aluminum Road Bike 21 Speed Shimano is a lightweight bike and is easy to carry or load on a bike rack.
- An advantage of the bike being lightweight is that it can go faster than a regular off road bike
- This bike has little problems riding uphill climbs because it is lightweight
- The bike does not take a lot of work to put it together or assemble.
- All the pieces come with it and there is nothing extra to purchase
- This makes it nice for people who want to start riding right away
- The bike can take around 20 minutes for assembly
- The wheels are bigger than a regular bike which makes it easier to ride on different terrain
- A bike like this with bigger wheels allows for it to go faster
- This bike has a Drivetrain, that is easy to find and is accessible
- The Drivetrain is assisted by a gear system that is able to be adjusted
- It has 21 gears to drive to choose from on this bike
- Having a variety of gears to ride in can give the ability to adjust speed
- The bike comes with a rim brake which makes the bike stop suddenly
- The rim brake is safe to use and won’t throw the driver over the handle bars
- The stopping is smooth and not bumpy like some breaks often are
- Riding over 400 miles was simple to do with this bike
- It is comfortable and has speed potential for different types of riding needs
- The Shimano shifters work great and the shifting does not stick
- The lightweight bike makes riding enjoyable and it can be ridden at fast speeds
- Need to make minor adjustments to the shifter and cable for perfect performance
- Breaks needed to be adjusted after putting it together
Product Review Giordano Libero 1.6 Men's Road Bike-700c
- The Giordano Libero 1.6 Men’s Road Bike-700c is a light bike. The bike is easy to carry or transport because it is very lightweight.
- A lightweight bike allows riders to climb up hills better because the bike is not heavy
- This bike takes a little time to put together and assemble
- A fast assembly allows the rider to put the bike together and go riding soon after.
- There were no extra tools to buy or parts that needed to be purchased.
- The bike frame is made of aluminum material and will not rust in wet elements
- This bike has a sturdy frame which holds up during miles of riding
- It is solid and can handle a lot of weight without bending or crack
- Riding Ability
- The ride is not as difficult on hard terrain roads because of the frame and the wheels
- The ride is smoother than regular bikes because of the bigger wheels and better steering.
- It is able to ride through bigger rocky paths and gravel without having any problems
- It offers riders a sense of control during high speeds
- This type of bike is simpler to steer on rocky terrain
- The steering allows the bike to be easily maneuvered around objects
- Good value of bike for the price
- Assembly was very easy and did not take much a lot of time to put together
- The bike seat is very comfortable
- The frame is durable and is long lasting
- The bike is very fast and easy to steer
- The bigger wheels make the bike easy to balance and ride on gravel
- The gears shift remarkably which made riding the bike a smooth experience
- The instructions that came with the bike were not well written and did not offer much assistance with assembly
- Brakes had rubbed the wheel
- Need some adjustments before riding
Product Review Vilano Shadow Road Bike - Shimano STI Integrated Shifters
- Braking and Shifting
- The brakes are designed to stop abruptly without dragging
- The brakes are safe to use and have no issues stopping suddenly
- The shifting works great and is easy to perform with the variety of gears to choose from
- The shifter does not stick or delay when changing gears
- The frame is constructed out of aluminum material which does not rust in moisture
- It is very durable and safe for long journeys of riding
- It will hold up for years without breaking or cracking because of the frame construction
- This bike can take the roughness of the outdoors without fall apart easily
- The bike does not weigh very much and is easy to maneuver up hill
- Putting it up on top of a bike rack or into a truck bed is very simple to do
- Riding a lighter bike allows the rider to gain more speed when riding
- Riding Capabilities
- The bike takes less effort to ride and stays on the trails without going off the road
- It is easy to stop and shift while riding and the gears shift smoothly
- The riding capability is wonderful because it can be taken on longer rides without any problems occurring
- The style of the bike is designed for a comfortable ride
- The handle bar style makes it easier to steer and grab the front brakes
- The big wheel style is very beneficial for this bike because it allows for more stability
- It is a nice bike for the price
- This bike had no trouble riding on trails and roads
- It comes with a nice headset
- Assembly was fairly easy and did not need the instructions
- The bike needed to be adjusted after putting it together. The brakes, gears, and chain needed tweaked.
- A few of the components are cheaply made but still work just fine
How to Choose Best Cyclocross Bike
Safety is an important factor to consider when purchasing a Cyclocross Bike. Being able to find a bike that has good reviews is important for the rider’s safety. This can make a difference in riding for the rest of your life or becoming injured. It is better to find a bike that has a good review of safety features. The safety also includes good quality brakes and steering for riding on long trips.
A well-constructed bike is important to have when choosing the perfect bike. I would not want to buy a bike and then take it out and have it fall apart on me. It is important to have a bike that is securely put together and will hold up to my bike riding needs. The gears need to shift accurately and the brakes should stop properly. It should not rattle or make noises when taking it out on the first ride. It should be a sturdy bike made of quality material.
I know that conform is key when riding a bike. If the bike is not comfortable it is harder to ride for miles at a time. Having a seat that is padded or cushioned is very important. It will help keep your backside from hurting, but will help your back and legs as well. The pedals should be at a comfortable level for the legs and feet to not feel awkward. The handlebars should be bent for better handle and gripping. The handlebars should be textured for a slip resistant ride.
- Affordable Durability
Being able to buy a bike for an affordable price is always great. It is also important to make sure the bike you able to afford is durable. A bike should be able to be ridden for miles without any problems occurring. It is always nice to know that your cheaper bike will not fall apart or break down out on the road.
A Cyclocross Bike is a great option for riders who enjoy off roads, paved roads, and trails. These bikes are designed with the rider in mind. The big tires offer many benefits for a fun ride. They were constructed just for Cyclocross Bikes. These bikes offer more terrain coverage and longtime ride stability. These Cyclocross Bikes are very affordable and can give any ride the enjoyment they deserve. No matter what type of areas you enjoy riding; this bike is a good fit. It can be ridden on short trips or long treacherous trails. No matter you need it for; this bike will not let you down. The structure and lightweight frame were made to give riders a faster speed when riding. Any one of these Cyclocross Bikes would be a good purchase for the next riding journey.